Selecting the right employee is one of the most complex and time-consuming tasks for any organisation, so every company, large or small, needs to have a pre-employment screening policy and rigorous employment checks in place. Screening and vetting services help clients to make decisions about new employees with greater confidence and leaves less to chance.
Research has shown that one in three people either exaggerate or falsify their backgrounds in order to gain employment. Yet many businesses still only conduct the most cursory background checks on personnel before employing them. The underlying reason for pre-employment screening is to ensure the honesty and integrity of employees, and to protect companies from employing individuals who would abuse positions of trust by committing acts of fraud or theft, not only of financial assets but of sensitive company information.
The Inkerman Group’s pre-employment screening services help clients to verify the backgrounds of candidates. The service is delivered electronically via a secure web based Internet system, and uses the latest technology - this enables candidates to submit their details on-line, and makes it easy for clients to be able to check on the progress of their vettings being processed.
Hiring the best people is integral to the success of any organisation. The Inkerman Group offers the full range of pre-employment checks available, depending on and personalised to the needs of your business - from senior management and those roles considered to be highly sensitive, through to the requirement to include all employees. Within The Inkerman Group, there is a dedicated, trained and experienced team who can deliver various levels including
- Residency Check
- Property/ Neighbourhood Checks
- Passport Authenticity Check
- Driver’s License Authenticity check
- Consumer Information Check
- Civil and Bankruptcy Check
- Education and Employment Checks
- Professional Qualifications and Licences
- Director and Company Searches
- Company Reports and Credit/ Account Information
- Company Reports
- Media Search
- Internet/ Database Trawl
- Standard and Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) Checks
- Interviews with Candidates
- International Checks
- Due Diligence
- Specialist Checks and Searches for high-risk areas
There are a great many benefits for companies from these services, not least of which
- It reduces the potential for theft and fraud
- It avoids costly fines for example, of employing illegal workers
- It will contribute to the requirement to employ higher quality personnel
- Reduces high turnover.